Sunday, September 11, 2011

Why do you write?

When I was in high school, I thought that I was someone "great" (I was very proud back then. Like a boss. :) so I wrote in preparation for that one day when people would start asking me about myself.

Come college, I had a personal encounter with God and decided to surrender my life to his Lordship. So I wrote my prayers most of the time - especially those that I found too difficult for me to form verbally.

After college, more specifically, after my desert year (2009), I began writing in order to remember. I think my memory tore into pieces and I found myself not being able to recall events at will. I also wrote in order to remember God's promises and who He really is.

Now, I have this desire to write and inspire. But I find myself not able to do it. Or maybe I'm just unfocused.



How about you? Why do you write?

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha oh my gelly. Proud like a boss din ako nung high school. Early high school, to be exact. I was really writing an autobiography dahil feeling ko may kebs ang mga tao sa aking buhay. HAHAHAHA. Oh the memories! XD

    I write because I have too many feelings. Hahaha. Lame, pero kaysa naman hindi ko na ever sabihin ang aking feelings, isusulat ko na lang. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! oo nga pala. i also write because i have a lot of feelings. xD

    ReplyDelete