Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Seohyun's frustration and mine

Entertainers have no brain. I'm so frustrated hearing that kind of stuff from people. - Seo Joo Hyun (SNSD's Seohyun)
 

I'm watching SNSD's Girls Go to School on youtube (again) because I'm anxious about a lot of things. Watching one of my favorite KPop groups, somehow, takes away some of my anxieties.

Tomorrow's my enrollment day. .. and tonight, I'm worrying about my grades last semester, my would-be schedule this semester and the tasks entrusted to me by the Boss (the Chairman of our school's Academic Bar Operations) for this November. I guess I'm this anxious because I feel that those three things are important to me.

Anyway back to Seohyun's frustration...

I can understand Seohyun. I can even say that I relate well with her. (BTW, if you don't know who SNSD is, they're also known as Girl's Generation - a Korean female group who debuted in 2007 and are popular for their songs Into the New World, Genie, Gee, Oh!, Run Devil Run, Hoot, Mr Taxi and their recently released single The Boys. Oh, and I love them so much especially the maknae [youngest] Seohyun) She's shy and quiet and careful of her words - a description I (and other people) can also attach to my name. She also likes watching cartoons and reading - two things I also enjoy doing in my spare time. I can probably go on and on about how well I relate with her but I'll stop with this: my frustration (Actually, I have a lot but I'll only talk about the one thing that's been bugging me since I entered law school.) is somewhat related with hers.
I don't want to be seen as a person with just form and no substance.
Background:

Last year, during my first ever semester in law school, my Criminal Law 1 Professor spoke of students who dress well but can't answer well in class. She called them "forms without substance". As a clueless freshman who really made effort to adhere to the school's policy that students should wear business attire, I was struck by her words. And I confess, a little hurt.

You can probably guess why.

It's because I dress well (hindi naman sa nagbubuhat ako ng bangko, but I really look good in business attire. lol. It comes with the serious personality.) but I couldn't answer well in class. Back then, I was still figuring out how to study effectively - and sadly, she didn't get to see me doing better in class (I finally got better come second semester of my freshman year).

But, even though I got better in school, that frustration still haunts me - and often. I feel inadequate at times and that feeling makes me tear up (oh my eyes TT____TT).

I don't really know how to permanently get over that frustration but I'm glad that I do get over it every time I'm haunted by it. Thank God for his comfort and his Word - words that encourage to move on and keep on trying.

Oh, and going back to Seohyun...

I'm proud to say that she's been working hard both in the entertainment industry and in school. Right now she is attending University while doing SNSD's activities at the same time. You can see how smart she is when she does her interviews on television. Thank God for Seohyun who entertains using her wits ^^



Oh yeah. I feel better after writing this. Good night. :D

3 comments:

  1. One of my fears is also being a person with form but no substance. Hahaha. You can call me ugly, but I'd really cry if anybody calls me stupid.

    Hanggang ngayon, takot pa rin ako maging ganun. Hahahaha! Yay for Seohyun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea who Seohyun is but I also carry the same fear. Even though I know that God is our source of security, I wish some people would also see us behind our forms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's nice to know that i'm not the only one with this kind of fear. it's difficult 'no? sometimes kasi i question myself if i'm being a people-pleaser na ba when i work hard to have substance. :|

    ReplyDelete