Friday, January 19, 2018

Hosanna


(/broken hearts)


I've had my share of heartaches
because of a boy, shattered dreams,
closed doors, unmet expectations.
Pieces of my heart were left in the trail
that I can't glue back together.

There have also been times when
You've broken my heart.
The difference is, You give me a new one 
each time
--a heart made of flesh, not of stone.

So, I've decided that
I'll always choose to leave the past behind.
"I have a future to get to"
(will keep running in my mind).
I'm not running away.
I'm running to You.

One thing I'm sure of:
There's healing in the aftermath
because of You.
But, I'd rather that my heart be broken
for what breaks Yours.
For in You, hearts will always be made whole,
whilst broken hearts, break hearts in return. ©

No comments:

Post a Comment